The Trophy Wife | Valerie Keogh | Psychological Thriller | Netgalley ARC Book Review

 


Book Info

Name of Book : The Trophy Wife
Author : Valerie Keogh
Publisher : Boldwood Books
Publication Date : 2 January, 2023
No. of Pages :  353
Format : Netgalley ARC

Why did I choose the book ?

Who wants to miss a book by Valerie Keogh? I have read her previous works and loved them. So, when the publisher invited me to review The Trophy Wife, I accepted it without a second thought.

Where to get the book ?

The Trophy Wife by Valerie Keogh is available on Amazon :


Author Introduction


Valerie Keogh lives in Wiltshire with her husband and a huge black cat, Fatty Arbuckle. She grew up reading Agatha Christie and initially wrote crime novels - she now writes psychological thrillers.

The Little Lies was shortlisted for the Crime Fiction Lovers Award 2021

Valerie has a BA in English and an MA in American Literature.

She is currently published with Boldwood Books.

Order of publication:

Exit Five from Charing Cross (2014),Deadly Sleep (2016),Twisted Power (2016),Bitter Business (2017),Wicked Secret (2018),Secrets Between Us (2018),The Housewife 2019,The Dublin Murder Mysteries (2020),The Three Women (2020),The Perfect Life (2020),The Little Lies (2020),The Deadly Truth (2021),The Lies He Told (2021),The Couple in the Photograph (2021),A Taste of Deceit (2022)
The Lodger (2022).


Blurb

His prized possession....his greatest mistake?

From the moment I saw Anne, I knew she was perfect for me.

Her beauty and her social connections would make my miserable life so much better. It didn’t matter that I didn’t love her. I would give her the lifestyle she craved, and she would give me the life I deserved...

But soon my marriage vows were a noose around my neck.

I longed to escape my beautiful, horrible wife.

And then I saw her and I knew there was only one way out…

Don't miss the brand new thriller by Valerie Keogh! Perfect for fans of Sue Watson, Shalini Boland and K.L. Slater.

My Opinion


Brilliant and Twisty


Amazing characters, amazing plot and amazing climax, these are the super ingredients of the book. The story will grab your attention right from the beginning and you would not be able to take your eyes off it. Till the climax it was a ride full of twists and turns. But, the final twist is the cherry on the top. Superbly narrated and Valerie Keogh is just awesome. I think the book is going to be one of the best for this year. About characters, Jake Mitchell is the star. Is he a villain or a victim, it is for the reader to ascertain. But words are less to write about this book.

Definitely, grand 5 stars for the book. Thanks to Boldwood Books for giving me an opportunity to read and review this amazing book.

My Opinion

  • Recommendation ------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Cover --------------------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Narration ----------------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Plot ----------------------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Climax ------------------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Characters --------------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Post a Comment

0 Comments