The Lucky One | Jessica Payne | Psychological Thriller | Netgalley ARC Book Review

 


Book Info

Name of Book :  The Lucky One
Author :  Jessica Payne
Publisher :  Bookouture
Publication Date :  September 12, 2022
No. of Pages :  380
Format :  Netgalley ARC

Why did I choose the book ?

I was hearing a lot about the book, The Lucky One by Jessica Payne on social media. Everyone was talking about the book. So, requested it ASAP on Netgalley. 

Where to get the book ?

The Lucky One by Jessica Payne is available on Amazon :


Author Introduction


Jessica Payne is the author of MAKE ME DISAPPEAR and THE LUCKY ONE. She lives in the Pacific Northwest where the mountains and Puget Sound are home. Beyond writing, she loves to run, rock climb, and explore the great outdoors with her daughter and husband. When holding still, which isn’t often, you’ll find a book in her hand and a cat or dog in her lap. Jessica writes suspense and thriller and is the host of #MomsWritersClub on Twitter and YouTube.


Blurb

Ten years ago, I survived a serial killer. They called me the lucky one, but they don’t know the truth I’ve been hiding ever since…

Then: We danced together that night, our dresses glittering in the swirling lights. We couldn’t have known that for one of us, it would be our last night alive.

Now: Back in my hometown a decade later—the place I’ve avoided because of the memories—I can’t shake the feeling that I am being followed. I tell myself it’s all in my head, but the prickle on the back of my neck feels like a warning. Then the anonymous messages land in my inbox: I’m watching. I’ve been waiting for you.

I want to feel safe, surrounded by my closest friends. But everyone has something to hide and it’s impossible to know who I can trust.

When one of my best friends goes missing, her phone ringing through to voicemail, it feels like the past is about to repeat itself.

Someone won’t let me forget what really happened that night. What I promised. How I escaped. If the truth comes out, I only hope they can forgive me... I can’t make the same mistake again. I have to keep us all safe. What if, this time, I’m not so lucky?

My Opinion



It was worth 5 stars


The Lucky One by Jessica Payne is a gripping psychological thriller. The plot is so absorbing and interesting that I could not take my eyes off. The characters are so secretive that I was not even able to guess the real culprit. But the end was so fantastic and twisted. Definitely, a powerful debut.

5 stars for the book. Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for providing me with an opportunity to read and review the book.

Ratings

  • Recommendation ----------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Cover ------------------------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Climax ------------------------------ ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Plot ---------------------------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Characters -------------------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
  • Writing Style ---------------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Thank you for the 5 star review! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Comment :