Caller Unknown | Gillian McAllister | Mystery & Thriller | Book Review

 


I’ve just started Caller Unknown, and the premise has already caught my attention. A mysterious phone call, an unknown caller, and the unsettling possibility that one conversation could change everything—it’s exactly the kind of setup that makes me want to keep turning the pages.

Gillian McAllister is known for creating stories built around intriguing “what if?” scenarios, and I’m curious to see how this one unfolds. I’m still early into the book, so I’m keeping my expectations open and hoping for plenty of twists along the way.

Have you read Caller Unknown yet? What did you think of it?

Name of Book: Caller Unknown
Author: Gillian McAllister
Publisher: Penguin
Publication Date: 9 April 2026
No. of Pages: 376
Format: Digital


I read Caller Unknown with my book club, and I was really hoping this would turn out to be a fun, twisty ride. The book starts with a mysterious note, and I genuinely liked the way the events began to unfold. The characters were also introduced and developed in quite an interesting way, which kept me curious in the beginning.

But somewhere around the halfway mark, I started struggling to figure out how I actually felt about the story. The pace became really slow, and it felt like the events were simply dragging themselves along just to reach some final point. I found myself losing interest and, honestly, even skipped a few pages just to get to the climax.

Unfortunately, the climax didn’t really make up for the slow build-up either. I was expecting something exciting or at least a little satisfying, but it ended up feeling rather flat and boring.

  • Characters ------------------ ⭐⭐⭐
  • Atmosphere ---------------- ⭐⭐⭐
  • Writing Style -------------- ⭐⭐⭐
  • Plot ------------------------- ⭐⭐⭐
  • Intrigue -------------------- ⭐⭐⭐
  • Logic ---------------------- ⭐⭐⭐
  • Enjoyment ---------------- ⭐⭐⭐


Post a Comment

0 Comments