With The Whisper Man coming to Netflix, I had to pick up the book before watching the adaptation. 👀📖
Are you planning to read the book first or watch the Netflix adaptation first? And if you’ve already read it, do you think it’s worth the hype?
Name of Book: The Whisper Man
Author: Alex North
Publisher: Penguin
Publication Date: 13 June 2019
No. of Pages: 386
Format: Digital
The Whisper Man by Alex North is a psychological thriller that makes you look behind every time you read it. I decided to read the book ahead of its Netflix release. But I am still confused about how to put it into words. The book was supposed to be terrifying, but somehow it was plain, devoid of any deep character development. Everything became too easy to predict. It was a total letdown for me. The climax was too rushed without revealing anything mind-blowing.
The characters needed more depth in terms of trauma and loss. I felt like the book finished too quickly, as I have read more mind-blowing plots.
- Characters ------------------ ⭐⭐⭐
- Atmosphere ---------------- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Writing Style -------------- ⭐⭐⭐
- Plot ------------------------- ⭐⭐⭐
- Intrigue -------------------- ⭐⭐⭐
- Logic ---------------------- ⭐⭐⭐
- Enjoyment ---------------- ⭐⭐⭐









0 Comments
Comment :